This company has no active jobs
Summary: Creates and maintains a safe work and manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties/projects may be assigned.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Plans, implements, and conducts preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive environmental safety & health programs on premises or at project site locations.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Develops and maintains project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records.
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices, and submittals.
- Reports the status of projects to managers.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
- Develop, implement, and maintain training and incident management system.
- Review, organize, and order PPE for all facilities.
- Annual travel to manufacturing facilities in Florida and California.
Safety Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Comfort with time reporting systems
- Knowledge of EHS Management System
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health, Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years large scale commercial, government, or industrial project management experience, including at least 4 years management level safety profession experience.
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus.