This company has no active jobs
37 hours per week, 52 weeks
83 Lavender Hill, London SW11 5QL, UK
Postcode – SW11
You will be joining a growing SME business in the London area who have a fixed term position to join their finance team. Due to growth leading to additional support, the business is looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to support in the transactional finance for at least 6 months, this could possibly be extended depending on requirements.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in Finance. You will be joining a lovely finance team supporting with transactional finance with duties focused on posting cash, allocating payments, bank reconciliations, supplier statement reconciliations and ad hoc finance administration.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will have experience within a similar role and a good understanding of accounting principles to support in this role as there will be manual processing and ideally you will be confident to hit the ground running and work autonomously. You will be happy working in a team of up to 5 in finance and be flexible to adapt to with working changing priorities in the finance team.
What you’ll get in return
You will be supported in your role and feel confident working with a growing business. There is onsite parking also.
Main duties will include:
- Monitoring the central finance inbox, addressing emails from suppliers, parents, school staff etc.
- Collating and distributing finance external post
- Being the first point of contact for incoming calls to the finance office
- Co-ordinating the purchase of goods and services: end to end process from raising electronic orders to receipt of supplier invoice;
- Maintaining the Purchase Ledgers (SAGE 200): inputting supplier invoices, reconciling creditor balances to supplier records, liaising with suppliers;
- Filing and general administration duties.
Knowledge of computerised finance systems and/or working in a finance environment is desirable, as are good communication skills and a “can-do” attitude.
Experience working in a school environment is not essential, but you will need to be organised and efficient, with the skills to manage your own time and deadlines. You
must be able to travel to other school sites within the Trust as required, but will be based at Wymondham High Academy.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website – Davedealer.com