DEV Engineer – Brussels 19 views
- Country Belgium
- Language(s) Dutch, English, French
Are you passionate about challenges? Izertis is your company.
We are looking for a DEV Engineer, for one of our clients, located in Brussels (Belgium).
As a skilled Full Stack Developer, you would join a team composed of internals and externals. You’d work in an Agile squad where you’ll be responsible of Dev and Ops activities by:
- Translating requirements into high quality code.
- Designing, building, and maintaining high performance, reusable, and reliable applications:
- Backend part: Java and Spring Framework (this will be most of your activities).
- Frontend part: Nodes and React.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship new features.
- Working with outside data sources and APIs.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Applying development best practices to ensure the quality of your code.
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Being involved in the Ops activities (set up of CI/CD pipelines).
- Must have the “Agile mindset”.
- You actively share your knowledge with your team and suggest improvements to the other squad members.
- You are constantly trying to improve the way of working of the squad.
- You are someone who easily adapts and bonds with new colleagues.
- You dare to challenge the requirements you receive based on your expertise.
- Continuous learning: you contribute to the constant improvement of the functioning of the team.
- Collaboration and feedback are key elements of your personality.
- You know the principles of clean code and apply them effectively.
- Understanding of the OO principles, DDD, design patterns and best practices such as SOLID principles.
- You write readable code and do refactoring where necessary.
- You are familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD), and you have practical experience with it
- Technical Skills:
- Proven knowledge of Java, Spring, Maven, Oracle DB
- Proven knowledge of React and Nodes (Angular is not considered relevant for this position)
- Proven knowledge of Restful API’s with swagger (yaml)
- Proven Knowledge of VCS (Git)
- Proven Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment principles (Jenkins or alternative)
- Proven Knowledge of SAST (such as SonarQube, Fortify, NexusIQ or alternative)
- Knowledge of Docker, Container and Groovy
- You participate in API automation testing because you consider it part of your development activities
- Preferential: Knowledge of Ruby for automation testing
- Experience: At least 6 years of relevant experience (for the backend part) and practical experience with Scrum.
- Languages: English (mandatory); notions of French and/or Dutch are a plus.