- Country Czech Republic
About the company
Cisco Gold Partner provides global network implementation and support solutions to world-class organizations, delivering cost savings and operational simplicity. The company is an independent, rapidly growing, private company that for more than a decade has delivered tailored solutions to 50 of the world’s leading multinational enterprises, outsourcers and service providers.
We are now looking to recruit Network Support Engineers to work variable shift patterns within our Global Network Operations Facility in Brno, Czech Republic. Relocate to Brno and work for a Cisco Multinational Partner!
Brno is 2nd largest city in the Czech Republic. It is commercially important hub, with presence of many national and international companies. Being home for some of the top ranking universities in the country you can sense the youthful and vibrant atmosphere and plenty to do
Purpose of role:
This role is a mix of tier 1 & 2 network support for our major telecommunications customer. That means engineer determines the issue, actions by engaging relevant party, keeps client updated till solution is provided. Builds up knowledge on Cisco switches, has an access to EMEA & US devices. Learns company’s procedures and their global customers. Once fully confident then further, 2nd level is added; fixing faults, handling global clients of various technical expertise.
We are looking for network support engineers:
- Experience of customer service ideally gained in a customer facing environment
- English proficiency in both verbal & written form and GERMAN/FRENCH/ITALIAN/SPANISH/DUTCH knowledge or proficiency is an advantage
- Flexibility to work either 12 hr shifts (weekends, nights, and national holidays) or day 8 hr shifts (Mon – Fri). This depends on business requirements.
- Must be EU passport holder, willing to relocate, culturally sensitive, appreciate cultural differences.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities in tier 2:
- Multi-platform Cisco support, Juniper & proprietary solutions (i.e. netgates)
- Direct customer and account team interface providing day to day network support
- Manage trouble investigation, isolation and steady state recovery
- Assists users to identify and solve complex connection/communication problems
- Workload breakdown: most of the incidents are related to high-end MPLS solutions at their edge (CE-PE), monitored proactively by an automated alerting system; along with that, also proprietary low-end VPN tunnelling solutions are supported, with a mixed reactive-proactive model. A number of cases regard other VoIP solution.
Technical Skills Profile:
- A Background in Maintenance and/or Managed Service Sales within the Network arena
- Helpdesk Experience
- Cisco CCNA Qualified or relevant NOC experience of at least 1 year
- Background knowledge of Frame Relay, Ethernet (MAN), ATM, IMA; knowledge of ISDN is an advantage.
- Problem resolution will require knowledge of the back-up methods such as ISDN, iBGP, HSRP, VRRP), troubleshooting, routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP and EIGRP
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Unix, ticketing systems such as Remedy
- Knowledge of MPLS and QoS policing is not required but is an advantage.
Soft Skills Profile:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the team, corporate customers of different technical expertise and all levels of management
- Ability to efficiently resolve customer’s problems and escalate further to tier 3 as per agreed service level agreements or to other 3rd party as necessary
- Professionalism at all times, assertiveness and accountability, good timekeeping, flexibility
- Ability to work well under pressure, set priorities and comfortable making decisions
Drive enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and self-motivation, respect for colleagues, desire to learn.
The positions available offer:
- Opportunity to work for an international, independent and stable private company in the heart of Europe
- Grow your skill base, we will support your technical development related to the role
- Enjoy good quality work-life balance with plenty of cultural and active opportunities in 2nd largest & multicultural city in the Czech Republic
- Be part of vibrant international team
- 1 extra week of holiday (5 weeks in total)
- Meal vouchers
- Private medical care with English speaking personnel
- Special discounts for gyms, opticians
- Team building events
- Employee referral bonus.
- earn an additional 10% extra every month for nightshift / overtime (approximately)
- Salary Offer 600 000CZK / 23 300EU PA (Gross)
- Language(s) English
- Level of Experience Senior